Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Traveling Abroad in Pregnancy

Inka tips for travelling abroad ante, I will tell u what I did n what others suggested me:

1. Ask for a bulkhead seating in all the flights ( to n fro). Tell them u r pregnant and u need more leg space ani... they will consider ur request( if there are not many travelling with babies). naku oka flight lo ( from DC -London) lo tappa migita 3 flights lo bulk head seating icharu.

2. Though they provide food in the flight.. sometimes aa smells padakapovachu and frankly manaki aa quantity saripodu ... so I took my own food along with me.. ( non-perishable n non-liquidy form lo vundedi teesukellachu ... like : roti with some subzi, mixed rice ... nenu one way from US to India beetroot n potato rice, dal teesukellanu.. return vachetappudu india ninchi i got idly n roti with tomato onion curry... )

3. Drink lots n lots of water in the flight.. air hostess ni adugutoo vundandi.. they will provide u with fluids whenever u want.. keep walking n stretching ur legs..
always try to keep ur feet up.. from my experience.. though we took bulkhead seating.. on-way I didn't realise, I have to put my feet up which resulted in lot of fluid retention.. it took me almost 2-3dys to get them back to normal in India.. return journey lo matram.. aa leg space lone naku comfortable distance lo ma backpack stuffed with clothes pettukuni, I kept my feet on that.. this time I did not have tht problem..

4. Oke dress lo chaala chiragga anipistundi.. change-over ki extra dress pettukondi.

5. carry a mask with u and use it for sure during the flight.. nenu chesina tappu.. mask nenu thru out onward journey vesukunnanu.. return journey lo matram london ninchi vesukoledu... london flight lone i caught cold n fever... so better not to take chances.. open ga vunde kanna, ila closed places lone u catch infections quickly..

6. Take a letter/note from ur doctor stating tht u r her patient and tht u r pregnant n u can travel overseas and u r travelling for so n so time period.. nannu london lo adigaru..

u can also carry ur prenetals n whtever medication ur doctor prescribed for u even in the flight..

No comments: